This is our journey to becoming parents.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Making some changes

Well, IUI #2 didn't work. I was really upset last week that another round ended in a negative result. I went in last Friday for blood work so they could check for what they "might have missed." I got a call this morning saying they wanted me to come in so they could discuss my results. Of course I automatically assumed the worst. Most doctors do not make you come in if everything is ok, unless they need to discuss something with you. Long story short I finally got my results after making the receptionist tell me over the phone since the doctor never showed for my appt. Everything looked fine, although I don't even know what tests they ran.

We go next month to our new doctor. I'm really excited to go to a different doctor. Maybe one that respects my time just as much as I respect his. We are moving on to IVF. It is definitely a mixed emotion kind of thing for me. I'm really nervous for the daily injections and worry that I won't produce enough follicles. We have decided that we will only be able to try IVF 2 times and then we will move on again from there. Hopefully it works on the first try and we get pregnant and deliver a healthy baby! We'll see! But for now I'm just trying to enjoy the rest of this month. I'm trying to take my mind of the whole baby making thing, but that is definitely hard. I'll keep you posted on how it goes next month at the new place!

No comments:

Post a Comment