This is our journey to becoming parents.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Our Journey

It is hard to believe that as I type this I am pregnant. I honestly thought this would never happen for us (at least not on the first try). But here we are 13 weeks pregnant!! Before we started IVF I remember going in to the doctors office and sitting down with them to discuss the procedure. In my mind I didn't think it would take 2 months to do. I kind of pictured it like the IUI's we did that only took a week. I can say that without the support of Bill and our family and friends I didn't think I would make it to the end. But, my cousin Bonnie (who helped us more than she will EVER know) told me if I wanted it bad enough I would overcome my fear of needles and the pain of the whole process. She was right. I did want it bad enough. I guess it is kind of like giving birth. Women do it everyday, but you don't ever hear them complain about it because the end result makes all that pain and hardwork go away.

When my phone rang on July 5th at 10:30AM, I knew it would either be the end or the beginning of something wonderful. I don't even think I heard the nurse talking telling me who she was and explaining my levels until she said "I have good news for you!" I think my heart stopped at that moment. I was so shocked and surprised. It was by far the best feeling ever!

I've noticed that the infertility part of my life will never go away. Although I'm crossing over into the motherhood side, I still cry when I read about people that are debating about whether to do IVF or who have gone through several rounds of IVF. My heart aches for them as I too have been in their shoes and I know the hurt and agony of wanting a child.

Here is a photo of how I (sort of) overcame my fear of needles. I had to do 68 days of injections!

Bill and I also started a "Wall of Hope" on our bathroom mirror. I had many days where I was negative and didn't think it would work. So we wrote on post-it notes encouraging sayings to look at everyday and help keep us positive! I'm not sure why it won't rotate so just tilt your head to the left to see it! :)



Here are our two beautiful embyros that were transferred.



And here is Bill and I right after the embryos were transferred.



Again, I just want to thank everyone for all of their support. I can't wait to update everyone on our new journey......Baby Hale!!

No comments:

Post a Comment