This is our journey to becoming parents.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day, Bill's Birthday and IVF

Yesterday was Mother's Day. I woke up with a heavy heart. Another year has passed and yet I still don't have a baby of my own to hold in my arms. And now I had another day to remind me of that. While Bill went to get the morning paper from the store I cried a few tears and then snapped myself out of it. I wasn't going to feel sorry for myself and be sad all day. Plus, I had reason to celebrate this wonderful day...my mom and sister. Two of the greatest women I know and I get the pleasure of seeing and talking to them on a daily basis. I can't thank them enough for being there for Bill and I during this stressful time. They are my shoulders to cry on and always have positive things to say to make me feel better. Mom, thank you for teaching me to stay strong and be positive. You are such an amazing mom! Lisa, I am beyond jealous of you. Those boys got one great mom. I love you both so much!

Today is Bill's 33rd Birthday! We spent the weekend hanging out and relaxing. We are planning on going camping this Friday night and maybe do some fishing on Saturday during the day. :) I bought him a Dairy Queen cake (because he always wants one) and he isn't home from work yet. I swear I can hear it calling my name from the freezer..........

We have started the IVF journey! It has definitely been an emotional and stressful journey so far! Well.....maybe more stressful than anything! I start my daily shots soon and am beyond nervous for this part. If anyone is good at giving shots and wants to hang out every day and ya know....give me a shot that would be great! :) I'm sure after the first few shots I will hopefully be able to master it on my own. Ok, I don't see this happening, but I'm trying to stay positive and convince myself that it will be really easy! We are planning on video taping our journey through this. Who knows if we will or not, but I think it would be kind of cool to look back on at the end of it all. Right now we are scheduled for the end of June to do the retrieval and then 5 days later to do the embryo transfer. It is amazing to me to think that in about 2 months we could be pregnant! I'll keep everyone posted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment