This is our journey to becoming parents.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Something my last doctor should have found.......

Friday I had a doctors appt to do an SHG test and a catheter measurement. The SHG test is when they put saline solution into the uterus to check for any fibroids, adhesions, polyps, etc. Well unfortunately I had a polyp on my uterus. It literally looked like a speed bump blocking my uterus. So, Monday they went in and removed it and also did a DNC while they were in there. My doctor said that if we didn't remove the polyp it would more than likely have caused me to miscarriage when I do get pregnant. Obviously I have yet to become pregnant, but my first thought was "why did my last doctor not check for this? What if I had become pregnant through the IUI's we did and then I miscarried?" I was pretty annoyed that this was not checked before we did the IUI's.

I am glad that I have found a doctor that cares enough to check these things. And who knows.....maybe this isn't something that they normally check for until you start the IVF journey, but I definitely am glad to know that my high dollar embryos will be welcomed into a nice and cozy uterus with no speed bumps!

Obviously I am not a doctor, but for those of you reading this who are on the same journey as me or know someone who is going through this please suggest that they have an SHG test done before starting any procedures. It could make all the difference! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment