This is our journey to becoming parents.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

IVF Update

So far things have been going great! We are currently doing 3 shots a day which I thought would be really bad, but turns out they are not as bad as I thought. And I learned if you want something bad enough you really can conquer your fears.......I've been doing some of my shots myself! I am terrified of needles, but am pleased to say I have been able to give myself the injections when Bill is out of town.

I went yesterday for my first scan to see how many follicles I have since starting the hormone stimulating injections. I had 12 on my right side and 9 on my left! This is great, but they were not at the "ready" stage. The follicles need to reach a size of 20mm before they are considered mature. The biggest one was 13 and I had a few 12's and 11's. I'm terrified that if they don't get bigger then my cycle will be cancelled. I know it only takes one good follicle, but realistically we want to have some that we can freeze so we don't have to go through the entire IVF process again. I go back again on Monday for my second scan and we are hoping and praying that they have grown over the past couple days. I definitely feel miserable in that area. I am bloated and just plain uncomfortable, but I know that no matter what this process is worth it!

Keep us in your prayers the next couple of weeks!

1 comment: